Release and Indemnity
THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Please read carefully before confirming. In the text below, ‘I’ means you – as a Randonnée Tours’ Client.
I am aware that any form of travel, including biking, walking, hiking, multi-sport, trip planning contains some inherent risks of illness, injury or death, which may be caused by negligence of others, the characteristics of hotels or other lodgings and its surroundings, physical exertion for which I am not prepared, consumption of alcoholic beverages, forces of nature, or other agents known or unknown.
I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is a reason for my participation, and is derived in part from the inherent risk of such travel. I am also aware that medical facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some of the time in which I am participating in the trip.
I also acknowledge that I have received no information from Randonnée Tours, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives that in any way minimizes the risks of such travel.
Therefore in consideration of arrangements made by Randonnée Tours for travel by me and its providing tour services itself or as agent, I agree to:
1. ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS, DANGER AND HAZARDS, including without limitation, illness, injury, death, loss or damage to my person or property, in any way connected with travel arranged by Randonnée Tours for me.
2. WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I may have against Randonnée Tours in respect of such travel.
3. RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Randonnée Tours from any and all liabilities for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I, or my next of kin or personal representatives, may suffer or incur as a result of my participation in travel arranged by Randonnée Tours, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF Randonnée Tours.
4. INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS Randonnée Tours from any and all liabilities for property damage, personal injury or death suffered by me or by a third party as a result of my participation in travel arranged by Randonnée Tours.
5. PHOTOS & VIDEOS I acknowledge that while on the trip, my fellow travelers, Area Managers and Randonnée Tours contract personnel may take photographic or digital video and still images that may include my image or likeness (the ‘Images’). I hereby grant to Randonnée Tours a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, copy, publish, distribute, sub-license, broadcast and post online the Images for any purpose including in connection with the promotion, advertisement and public description of the trip and Randonnée Tours. I acknowledge that I have read and accept the further terms and conditions set out in the Randonnée Tours tour details and website.
I further agree that this release and indemnity shall be binding upon me, my heirs, next of kin, personal representatives and any minor accompanying me. I agree that this release and indemnity, and all rights and liabilities referred to herein, shall be interpreted in accordance with and governed by the laws of British Columbia and any action arising therefrom shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of British Columbia courts.
I have carefully read this release and indemnity and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this document affects my legal rights and liabilities and those of my heirs, next of kin and personal representatives.
I confirm and agree to this release and indemnity of my own free will after having a reasonable opportunity to review it.