Randonnée Tours is acutely aware of the fragility of our natural environment and committed in all of its operations to minimizing impacts and in donating in ways that will help.
Here are some of the initiatives we have taken:
- Employees either bicycle or walk to the office (employees receive a free bike to use).
- Employees are committed to re-cycling and using re-cycled products where possible.
- Our office space was modified to allow for increased natural light and fresh air so that use of electricity and air conditioning are minimized.
- In choosing suppliers for our office operations, we have chosen companies who demonstrate a commitment to the environment. Examples: FedEx, Novex Couriers, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Hemlock Printing and others.
- In the regions in which we operate trips, we have looked for ‘good environmental practices’ as criteria in selecting hotels and suppliers.
- We use 100% recycled paper for all packages & paper supplies in our offices.
- We recycle our print cartridges with a local company in Vancouver: Print Savers.
- We only send paper brochures to those who specifically ask for them.
- We use locally owned hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, and taxi/shuttle companies in order to stimulate the local economy.
- We have created cycling events that raise awareness and funding for trails in British Columbia – we have donated in excess of $10,000 to trails in BC; these trails include the Sea to Sky (through the Sea to Sky Trail Society), Sunshine Coast (through S.C.U.M.B. and others) and Kettle Valley Trail (Trans-Canada Trail). In everything we do and in all of our communications, we promote travel by bicycle and on foot.