Randonnée Tours is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our business.
Here are some of the initiatives we have taken:
- Employees either bicycle or walk to the office (employees receive a free bike to use).
- Employees are committed to re-cycling and using re-cycled products where possible.
- Our office space was modified to allow for increased natural light and fresh air so that use of electricity and air conditioning are minimized.
- In choosing suppliers for our office operations, we have chosen companies who demonstrate a commitment to the environment. Examples: FedEx, Novex Couriers, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Hemlock Printing and others.
- We use 100% recycled paper for all packages & paper supplies in our offices.
- We recycle our print cartridges with a local company in Vancouver: Print Savers.
- Our brochures are printed on FSC certified paper (stimulating responsible management of the world’s forests).
- We only send brochures to those who specifically ask for them.
- In the regions in which we operate tours, we have looked for ‘good environmental practices’ as criteria in selecting hotels and suppliers.
- We use locally owned hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, and taxi/shuttle companies in order to stimulate the local economy.
- We have created cycling events that raise awareness and funding for trails in British Columbia – we have donated in excess of $10,000 to trails in BC; these trails include the Sea to Sky (through the Sea to Sky Trail Society), Sunshine Coast (through S.C.U.M.B. and others) and Kettle Valley Trail (Trans-Canada Trail). In everything we do and in all of our communications, we promote travel by bicycle and on foot.